I don't get monetary paychecks for my work, but I regularly get non-monetary ones! Here are a few I've gotten recently:
This one is from my first grader. :)
And this is from her too:
~ ~ ~
And a recent paycheck from my sixth grader
Isabel was peeling potatoes for dinner and she exclaimed, "Boy! This is a lot harder than it looks! Mom, you remind me of the mom in the Moffats!" I smiled, taking that as quite a compliment.
from the Moffats, by Eleanor Estes -
"The way Mama could peel apples! A few turns of the knife and there the apple was, all skinned! Jane could not take her eyes from her mother's hands. They had a way of doing things, peeling apples, sprinkling salt, counting pennies, that fascinated her. Jane sighed. Her mother's peelings fell off in lovely long curls, while, for the life of her, Jane couldn't do any better than these thick little chunks which she popped into her mouth. Moreover, it took her as long to peel one apple as for Mama to do five or six."

No comments:
Post a Comment