2/21/14

Baby Feet

Tell me, what is half so sweet
As a baby's tiny feet,
Pink and dainty as can be,
Like a coral from the sea?
Talk of jewels strung in rows,
Gaze upon those little toes,
Fairer than a diadem,
With the mother kissing them!


It is morning and he lies
Uttering his happy cries,
While his little hands reach out
For the feet that fly about.
Then I go to him and blow
Laughter out of every toe;
Hold him high and let him place
Tiny footprints on my face.


Little feet, so rich with charm,
May you never come to harm.
This I pray, that God above
Shall protect you with His love,
And shall guide those little feet
Safely down life's broader street.

(from Edgar Guest's poem, Baby Feet)

4 comments:

  1. Wow Liz that is such a perfect poem to go with such adorable pic's. I am so thankful that you introduced me to such a wonderful poet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful! I got to hold a 4 month old baby girl today and soaked it up! She is the sixth girl (no boys) in her family. Love and miss you!

    ReplyDelete