9/29/15

Mom said "Yes!"

Golleeee, us moms have to say "No" an awful lot.  When a kiddo asks for pop at 7am, what is mom's answer? "No, you need to start with breakfast!  You can have some with lunch."  When a kiddo asks to stay up past their bedtime to read, after several late nights in a row, what is mom's answer? "No, you need your beauty sleep!"  When a kiddo asks to play games on the computer and they haven't done their homework, what is mom's answer? "No, you need to do your homework!"

Yesterday, Isabel came to me with a question out of the blue.  "Mom, can I buy a hamster?"  
Without missing a beat, I said, "Yes!"  
She gave me a bewildered look.  "Really????" she asked.  
"Yes!" I repeated.  She couldn't believe it.  
She started to smile, but wanted to verify that we were on the same page.  "I can buy a hamster?!  It's okay with you???!"  
I smiled back.  "Yes!"

So after dinner we went down to the pet store and Isabel bought two little furry critters.  One for herself, and one for her sister whose birthday is just around the corner.  

What is everyone looking at?



4 comments:

  1. Wow they are very cute. No long hair like Rose. Which one is Alaina's? What does Jackson think of them?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alaina's is the lighter colored hamster, and Isabel's is the darker. The guy at the pet store said they will grow at least 50% bigger than they are right now, and their hair will get twice as long. Jackson is fascinated by them, and unfortunately got bit this morning. Live and learn! Hopefully he won't stick his little fingers into their cage anymore! We are supposed to give them a week to settle into their new home, and then we can hold them more, which hopefully will help them become more tame. :)

      Delete
  2. Best Mom Ever!!! I love it when we can say "YES!"

    ReplyDelete