9/3/16

Front Row Seats





You know one of the things I love about having a big family?  

I love that my big kids get a front row seat in watching how to care for a baby and how to love and teach a toddler.  They aren't going to be clueless when it is their turn to bring a little tiny baby, an eternal soul, into this world.  

They know that babies are precious and bring so much joy into the family.  They also know that babies require a lot of work, care throughout the day and night, and there are a lot of poopy diapers involved.  They know that as a parent, having kids isn't "convenient".  

But they have also joined in the wonder of watching a baby learn to smile, roll over, and sit up all by himself.  They were right there cheering when baby learned to take his first steps.  They have helped give baby his first bites of baby food.  They get to see the happiness on their mom and dad's faces when we hold and cuddle our little one.  They are right there.  They have front row seats to it all, and they KNOW that children are a blessing from the Lord!

2 comments:

  1. Well said my precious daughter in law. When I read your posts it always brings back such unforgettable and warm memories of when our boys were little. As I have said many times before, you Elizabeth should write a book. Through your words I have been able to have a front row seat as all of your children have grown up. Thank from this grandmother. I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ditto from Houston. You and your family bless all of us! Love, love, love!

    ReplyDelete