We are "that family" this spring - Yeah, that one family on the block who didn't get their Christmas lights down until the middle of March...
Events have been coming quicker than I can keep up this year.... Before I had a chance to put my Easter centerpiece away, we had a Birthday boy! And before I had a chance to get the Birthday decorations put away, Isabel had surgery and Alaina added a Get Well Soon banner to the mix.
So we're just layering... :)
~ ~ ~
To our credit, all five of the children have been fed at least once each day, even though sometimes I've had to invent new recipes. In rushed shopping trips squeezed between events, I sometimes come home with the wrong ingredients... (which is probably how new recipes are born).
No time to go back to the store, so I invented.... French Fry Casserole. It unfortunately did not even come close to the old American favorite - Tater Tot Casserole, originally on our menu. But it was edible and everyone made a good show of pretending that they liked it. :)
~ ~ ~
Here's a few of the things that The Cecil Seven have been up to in recent weeks:
Prom
Easter
Baxter's Birthday
Baxter's 40-Hour Project presentation
on the history, and how he made a model of
a Roman Chariot.
Isabel also spent 40 hours making a
Viking Longboat. Here's a picture of the
boat before the floorboards were installed.
(I sadly realized that I did not get a picture of her
presenting in front of the school...)
Malachi's Senior Research Paper and Presentation
on Immigration
Got the cat fixed and declawed
Flood
A "Hundred Year Flood" hit the Midwest.
This is a picture of the intersection one mile
from the school. It is the main intersection
to get to school... so the school closed
for four days until the floodwaters receded.
Taco Bell, a mile from school.
Our neighborhood did not flood,
but our basement got gallons of water in it from the rain,
soaking our carpet :(
Sports Banquet
Isabel had heart surgery to correct her SVT.
She is almost recovered, and no longer has to
take daily heart medication! Woohoo!
We are so thankful to God for a safe and effective surgery!
~ ~ ~
And then Alaina gets a category all to herself.
She dreams up plans and projects faster
than you can say, "Mom needs a nap."
I try to give her my enthusiastic attitude
and the materials she needs.
But I have to admit, it is hard to keep up with her....
recent Bake Sale
recent Sewing Project
Alaina's new raised Garden Bed, recently installed....
So friends, that is a little update for you. I hope to post more in the next few weeks, but I can't make any promises. :)
We've got Malachi's graduation coming up, family flying in from out of town, and some grad parties to host! Let the good times roll! :)















Cecil's the Amazing Seven for sure. So glad that Isabel' is feeling the results of her surgery already.
ReplyDelete