Fireflies are back!
They come every year in June.
*L*O*V*E*
Jackson and I found this little guy this morning
while we were watering the flowers.
Jackson and I found this little guy this morning
while we were watering the flowers.
Two years ago on our way to The Lodge
(our friends' cabin) in Brown County, IN,
we were whizzing down the highway at twilight.
The windows were open, the breeze blowing through our hair.
Acres of grassy fields surrounded both sides of the road,
fenced in by rows of dense trees.
Hovering above the grass were thousands of
glowing fireflies, just like in this picture!
It was a scene that will forever be etched in my memory.
Last weekend we were invited to go to The Lodge again
to hang out with our super awesome friends,
play in the woods, stay up late watching movies,
swim in the state park, play Clue,
catch fireflies, roast marshmallows,
go creeking to see crawfish, salamanders, and tadpoles,
and eat lots of yummy food.
Most of the gang (missing three peops)
That's the only picture I have from this year
because I forgot to bring my camera...boohoo.
Alaina brought some Indiana tadpoles home,
as a little remembrance, but sadly
they didn't make it...



No comments:
Post a Comment