Tonight I took my seminary "twin" out for coffee for her birthday. I call her my twin because we have so many things in common, it's crazy! Our first and middle names are the same. Our maiden names both ended in "ville". We were both raised in Christian homes. Both of our dads were engineers. Both of our dads passed away. We both grew up on acreage. Both of our dads had tractors. We both came to seminary with our husbands and four kids. We both drive silver minivans, of the same make and model. Our husbands both drive pickup trucks of the same make and model. (Although theirs recently broke and was replaced.) We both homeschool. We live in the same building. We are close enough in age and stature that some people have told us, "I get you two mixed up." We're both about to watch our husbands graduate and are preparing for the next step, although neither of us knows what that next step will be...
Since my real twin is 2,000 miles away, it has been fun to have a seminary twin - someone who's been there for moral support, babysitting swaps, prayer, carpooling, hand-me-downs, and fun times.
I'm going to miss you, Lisa! I look forward to seeing where God takes your family next! xo!
Lisa is lucky to have a seminary twin like you.
ReplyDelete