8/16/16

A Family Affair!



Yesterday was my kids' first day of school, Ken's first day of school as the new principal (he's been working at the school since June, but you know, his first day with all the kids), and my first day as homeschool teacher.  So it's a family affair!

Everyone had a swell day, but the big kids were kind of upset that they had homework on the very first day.  Bummer.  :-)

I decided that I was going to serve a hot breakfast at 6:30 this year, to make sure that everyone is arriving at school with brain food.  One of my kids in particular is apt to skip breakfast because they aren't hungry, but we all know how that works out in the end!  I was told last night that they wanted MORE eggs for breakfast - because they were all embarrassed that their stomachs were growling during class.  Oh!  So this morning I upped my egg count from 12 to 16!  Let's see if that does it!  And that's why we buy 5 dozen eggs a week...

Okay, gotta shut this down for now... homeschool is supposed to start right now.  Adios!


3 comments:

  1. Protein is good for the brain! Glad everyone had a good first day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you had a "swell" day

    ReplyDelete
  3. I suppose a chicken or two would help this situation!

    ReplyDelete