11/20/16

Do you Homeschool? I Have Something for your Christmas List!

I recently read that in 2012 there were 1.8 million homeschoolers in America.  You can read the article here from the Home School Legal Defense Association, which sites a Washington Post article as another source of this information.

Four years ago, homeschooling families were educating 3.4% of the school aged kids in this country!  I am assuming that the numbers have increased since then, but regardless, there are a lot of us.  Woohoo!

And now, we have a fun book for our coffee tables!  Jonathan Bean just published This is My Home, This is My School in 2015.  Here is a sneak peak for those of you who haven't had a chance to get it into your hands.  I checked this copy out from our local library!



This is my home.

And this is my school.
What, confused?  Okay, allow me to explain.

(skip a few pages)

This is our classroom.

This is another one of our classrooms.
And this.
This too!
We have a lot of classrooms.

The book continues, with more cute pictures and commentary 
on the daily life of a homeschooling family.

My kids love this book!  
I love this book!
It helps them realize that homeschool
is going mainstream, and helps them be confident 
in their homeschooling lifestyle.
It also reminds my big kids who now attend school
 of some of the fond memories
they have of the days when they homeschooled.

I'm putting this book on my Christmas List!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment