I hope you had a great holiday season! We missed our family and friends back home, as usual, but all in all we had a great Christmas season. It was SUPER special this year to have my niece and nephew from WA fly out for six fun packed days in December - a little taste of back home during the holidays is always appreciated and treasured! And on Christmas day we got to have two friends from church share our table with us, and spend the afternoon munching on goodies.
The munching on goodies has really lasted for one solid month. So, as is the American custom, maybe worldwide custom, now begins the "straighten up and fly right" season! To honor the custom, I drank a green smoothie, and entertained all sorts of "fun" ideas about eating less calories and exercising more.
I don't have anything spiritual to put on the ol' blog today, due to the fact that we are hosting two (super fabulous and fun) teenagers from Indianapolis right now, and I've spent all my time cooking and doing dishes for FIVE teenagers plus a hungry elementary-aged kid and a toddler. No time for deep pondering and such.
BUT I HAVE SOMETHING SUPER AWESOME TO TELL YOU INSTEAD!
I FINISHED UNPACKING!
WOOHOO!!!
The laundry room/store room was the final frontier, and I got it all unpacked and more or less organized. I'm soooooo excited! You need a light bulb? I know right where those are. You need a gift bag and tissue paper? I know right where that is! You need a badminton racket? I can help! I know where the waffle maker, sleeping bags, and spray paint is!
So, for a little tour, we will begin at the door.
Voila!
My new folding table is in the corner next to the washer.
It is a super cool table with a metal top,
reminiscent of the 50's, that my friend Leah gave me.
Cute!
Turn around, and you will see the shelving units
Ken got me, with all my stuff neatly arranged.
Very nice.
The furnace strategically placed in the middle of the room. :)
A little hallway beyond the dryer,
leading to...
the suitcases and camping gear.
Coming back out from the little hallway.
.
Here's a look at my new folding table in action. :)
Notice the iPad -
My sister told me about a podcast that she is enjoying.
I tuned in while I was folding laundry.
I highly recommend this one for all you gals out there:
Yay!
Happy New Year to me in a fully unpacked household!
And Happy New Year to you!
I hope you enjoy the blessing of God,
living in His will,
and find joy and happiness
that comes from serving and giving and loving.


Yea! ❤
ReplyDelete