Only twelve days till my due date!
Here's the baby's special little spot that I made yesterday:
We don't have a room for a nursery, or really even a crib, so baby gets a little corner. But it is cozy, and cute, and I'm happy with how it turned out. My awesome neighbor is letting me borrow the bassinet and chair - which matches my bedding perfectly. And I found the pretty yellow blanket at the free store yesterday!
I know a family, who when having their sixth child, decided to put the crib in the hallway, since they didn't have any other spot for it. They claim that their sixth is the best sleeper in the family! I was willing to do that for baby number five, but
the hallway is not big enough, unless we wanted to pick up pole vaulting as a new family sport. The boys' room isn't an option either -
(The walls you can't see contain the closet and desk.) The girls' room could work -
if we rearranged a bit. And this is what we'll do if the baby grows out of the bassinet before we are able to move into a bigger place. In the meantime, I've highjacked a little bit more of their closet for the diapers and wipes.
I've already been using their closet for the extra blankets, and the linen closet.
And baby's clothes are in my closet -
Everything in baby's dresser came from the free store!
I've gotten mostly yellow and green items,
but picked up some blue and pink too.
I'll return the colors I won't be using, after delivery.
I've also been busy
packing my hospital bag
and diaper bag
which I received at the baby shower my neighbors gave me last week.
They also gave me diapers, and diaper bag fillers
like lotion and infant tylenol. Thanks, girls! I really appreciate it!!!
We're going to the hospital tonight for a tour of the Childbirth Center. When having your fifth child, you kind of know the routine already, but I figure we at least need to know what door to go into and where to head when it's time. I also think the girls will have fun getting the tour with us. Hopefully there will be some babies in the nursery that we can look at while we're there!
After the tour, I think I will feel completely ready for baby - except for one thing: all four of my kids have colds right now!!! Arghh! I am trying to insist on extra sleep and am making them pound water every day, but they seem to be passing this silly cold back and forth. Someone's been sniffling or coughing ever since Christmas! Enough already!
As soon as I get them healthy, I'm going to start my tried and true trick of eating lots of spicy Mexican food! :)






Nesting can be very productive. It looks like baby #5 has a very special place to come home to. A lots of love too.
ReplyDeleteAwww so sweet! I'm eagerly awaiting news on the newest little Cecil. It looks like you are ready for the tiny person any minute. :)
ReplyDeleteoooooooohhhhh i'm sooooo excited!!!! i LOVE your space! and i spied some REALLY CUTE BOOTS in your closet. love you!
ReplyDeleteYep, we're ready for this baby! Last night we had lots of fun touring the hospital's childbirth center and looking at the newborn babies through the nursery window! They were so tiny and adorable! I think we all dreamed about babies last night! :)
ReplyDelete