Days to go!
Here are our baby's going home outfits:
If he's a boy-
If she's a girl-
Back in October, while we were in DC, a shopkeeper looked at me,
and with decision in her voice proclaimed, "You're definitely
having a boy! I can tell by the way you are carrying him."
What do you think?
Do you think it's going to be a boy or girl?
???
Last night I somehow managed to give myself
a French pedicure!
It was hard to get around my tummy,
but I did it! Yay!
I didn't get much sleep last night,
so after school today, I got all the kids situated -
Malachi doing his math at the kitchen table,
Baxter typing up a report,
Isabel listening to a book on tape in her room,
and Alaina playing Legos in the living room -
and I plopped onto my bed to take a nap.
About 20 minutes later,
of course right when I FINALLY fell asleep,
the tornado siren went off!
It wasn't the first Monday of the month, and it wasn't noon,
so I dragged myself off the bed,
rounded up all the kids,
and we headed to the basement.
But no one else was down there.
We knocked on the door of our friends from Kentucky.
"What's going on?"
Looking at us with all our pillows and activities
under our arms, they smiled and said,
"It's sunny and clear outside. The weather is great,
it's a test!"
"Oh!"
So by the time we all traipsed back upstairs,
I wasn't sleepy anymore.
I tried laying down again,
but it didn't work.
I made myself a cup of tea,
turned on Harry Connick Jr.,
and cuddled up with a blanket on my bed
to drink my tea and stare off into space.
Within five minutes,
this is what my room looked like:
It filled up with kids!
Oh well. So much for a little rest time!
So I decided to get my computer,
and here I am.
It IS pretty cozy in here,
with all these cute kids around me, and
my Free Store WoodWick candle
lit and crackling beside us….



Our prayer is that you have a quick and painless delivery, and that the baby is healthy. Just a few more days Liz. It will be worth it all. And that baby doesn't even know how much it is loved already. Wish I could be there to see the many kisses and hugs from all six of the Cecil's. Oh and Gran too.
ReplyDelete