Alaina was disappointed that there wasn't a Scripture verse inside the little door. Unfortunately, I decided to save money and buy the cheaper calendars, which don't feature the manger scene or have Scriptures.
But I used the money I saved to buy THIS BOOK, which should arrive today! I'm really excited about trying something new for Advent this year. In past years we have used a Christmas Liturgy written by Doug Jones that begins on December 16th. It has been a special tradition, but takes about 20 minutes a night. The sad truth is that in a bustling household with homework, chores, and outside commitments, it is sometimes hard to fit it in each night after dinner. The Advent Jesse Tree looks to be slightly shorter. It has a reading, a song, a Scripture, and an ornament to hang on a Jesse Tree. I'm hoping that using this book will add fresh element to our celebrations, and help us to keep our focus on the coming of the Messiah.
The Advent Jesse Tree book begins on December 1st, so we get to start tonight!

Great idea! Having something you can be consistent with is a winner.
ReplyDeleteJackson looks like he enjoys the calendar tradition. Love y'all!